Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Things that I'm thankful for & other ponderings


Wasn't my trumpet vine pretty this year? It was the first time in 6 years that it bloomed!
As my husband gets ready to leave for Pennsylvania this morning & I am getting ready to wake-up the girls so I can leave for work. I have time to contemplate the everyday things I am so thankful to God for. I'd like to share a quick couple with you this morning. Also I want to wish anyone reading this a Happy Thanksgiving.
1. Even though my hubbie really makes me mad at times, overall he's a good husband who does laundry, the dishes and fixes my lunch for work. He'll even pull the car out of the garage every morning before I go to work.
2. Tony cat is my little shadow. He was an abandoned cat that my mother took in and she picked him out for me. He went from hiding under the bed, to sharing my food & running the house! As I type this he's watching me... after 16 years he's still so full of life.
3. My chickens- the girls- I'd never want to be without my girls. They give me love, enjoyment and hours of funny antics. Not to mention the big brown eggs that all our friends love to eat!
4. Most of all, I'm thankful that we live in a country where we can pray to Jesus, own a Bible and gather together in Jesus' name without being tortured or arrested.
5. My family- I love them all! They're characters and I wouldn't have it any other way.
I'm off to work and will be staying with mom while Eric is at his mother's house. We plan on making marzipan, turkey, stuffing & the other usual Thanksgiving day fare. I'll make my molasses pumpkin pie and perhaps a custard pie.
God bless!
Bible verse of the day: The one who offers thanksgiving as his sacrifice glorifies me;to one who orders his way rightlyI will show the salvation of God!”
Psalm 50:23

2 comments:

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

My chickens- the girls- I'd never want to be without my girls. They give me love, enjoyment and hours of funny antics. Not to mention the big brown eggs that all our friends love to eat!
*******************************
I could have written that. I dearly love my girls and can sit in the backyard for hours just watching them. Mojita, a really tame girl, will jump on me while I'm sitting (always when I'm handing out goodies). Just can't imagine my life without my girls.

Crazy Chicken Lady said...

Joanna,
Thanks for stopping by my blog!

What kind of chicken is your Mojita? Love that name! My Weezy loves to jump on my shoulder. She's a real diva and has to be the center of attention! I love my girls!