Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Leg problems


Scroungey is having some leg problems. She has always had bent, twisted toes, but, she has always gotten along fine. She was okay this morning, but when I got home she was limping but, would run like with her toes bunched up on the left leg. I've got her inside for the night. I massaged her leg with ointment to reduce swelling. She doesn't have bumblefoot. She's eating. I wonder if she's got arthritis? I've also been bringing Cluckster in at night as her bumblefoot has come back again. No matter what I do, she heals then she gets it again. I put her on the roost and I take her off. I just wonder if when they were chicks if they had an A, D OR E deficiency? The girls are all 3 years old now.

This is the hen Girl I blogged about earlier, who I nursed back to health after her egg broke inside her and she prolapsed. Doesn't she look 150% better? The only lasting thing from her health problem seems to be an egg with a little lump on it.
On another note, I'm sorry I haven't been blogging regularly. So many things are going on around here. The USPS management has saw fit to make me work a full time shift on Friday's (I get home at 5-5:30PM) and then work from 2AM-Noon on Saturday. Needless to say by the time I get home on Saturday all I want to do is sleep. Sunday's are not much better. I just cannot sleep on Friday nights. Anyway, I am grateful to God that I have a job, as many have lost their jobs.
Signing out for tonight.



6 comments:

Paula said...

Poor little Scroungey- hope she gets better soon!
The hen in the last picture is gorgeous!
Sorry about the change in your shift... it seems like everybody's work has been turned upside down....

Nancy M. said...

I hope she feels better soon! You're such a good chicken mama! Sorry you're having to work so much. Sounds like you're not getting much rest.

John Going Gently said...

great blog,,,,scroungey looks the spit of my blanche

Audrey said...

I've been doing a lot of research online about leg problems in chickens, and I came across your blog. What ever happened to the chicken named Scroungey? Cute name by the way! This sounds like exactly what is going on with my poor Chicky. Our chickens don't actually get names until they get sick for some reason...Anyway, I would LOVE to hear back from you about this. I also look forward to following your blog in the future!

Audrey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elina said...

Hi,

I know this is WAY off topic, but I couldn't find a direct contact to you.

I noticed one of your favorite shows is AYBS, so I thought you might be interested in this.

I run an official "Are You Being Served?" site at:

http://www.aybscentral.com

There are a lot of images and info pertaining to all the cast members.

There is also a lot of other stuff for the AYBS fan including a blog, forum and an online role playing game.

Enjoy!