Friday, March 13, 2009

Chicken drawings




Above is one of my pencil drawings of Big Momma. The very top pencil drawing is one I did of Old Meanie (if she were a Lakenvelder). The face is really like Ole' Meanie. I love to draw the profiles of my chickens. Big Momma is really quite a loner. They really do have such character. The photo below is Big Momma outside last Sunday. She's looking awful pretty isn't she? Now that she's been back out in the coop, she has gone back to being a snob. Except when she wants food!



6 comments:

Anita said...

Love your drawings... and big Momma is gorgeous!

Crazy Chicken Lady said...

Anita,
Thank you so much!

Kelly said...

Oh I love the drawings :) I used to draw a lot, but it seems I havent settled down enough to do it lately. You have inspired me to try to make time though. Big Momma is so pretty, is she a Golden laced Wyandotte? Thats what Pete is, but I don't have any hens of that breed. They are so pretty though. Hugs, Kelly

Crazy Chicken Lady said...

Kelly,
I'd love to see your drawings!

Yes, Big Momma is a Golden laced Wyandotte. The photo really doesn't do her justice. In the sun she's really got a gorgeous sheen.

Shana

Nancy M. said...

Oh, we had a hen like Big Momma, but when those dogs come she was one of the ones they killed.

Your drawings are really good!

Crazy Chicken Lady said...

Nancy, I'm so sorry dogs got your hen! I keep 2 baby monitors hooked up out in the backyard so I can hear, but dogs and weasel & ermin are what I'm the scarest of getting my hens.